Monday, November 8, 2010

MPM: Menu Planning as a part of life

It is becoming routine to start thinking about a menu on Monday morning.  I come here out of habit and out of a desire to have less stress in my week. Planning out meals ahead of time makes me happy!  Here's what I've got for this week.

Monday: I have leftover bread from this weekend and some pre-cooked meatballs in the freezer.  Spaghetti and meatballs with home made bread (possibly made into garlic bread table-side).  Yum!  This will be an easy meal to put together.  While preparing dinner, I will use the quick-soak method to cook up some black beans.

Tuesday: Taco night!  With a mixture of black beans and ground beef, we'll have the choice of hard or soft taco shells.  Hopefully we'll have a little bit of meat mixture leftover for lunches or snacks, but I'm not holding my breath on that one!

Wednesday: Stir Fry.  It has been a long time since I've made stir fry.  I will probably have to cook some frozen uncooked chicken to make this, but it should not take very long.  Also, we have lots of veggies around in the fridge and freezer.  I'll make a pot of rice and we'll be good to go.

Thursday: Baked macaroni and cheese with ham.  I will either use the package of Kraft home-style mac and cheese that I have laying around or I will make it from scratch.  Either vegetables or salads as a side.

Friday:  Pizza Night!  Nothing fancy this week.  Just home made pizza with personalized toppings.  We always look forward to pizza night.

No comments: